Wednesday, October 11, 2017




! GOOD MORNING FRIENDS !

As regards yesterday's
KASIYH
Blog post:
At least
one highly intelligent person
acknowledged knowing
where I was coming from
when writing said post.
THANK YOU
MEREDITH ELISE McNINCH CHILSON
it's no wonder I consider you my sister
AND
my "shero"


What I am doing currently might drive some of you
batty[er]:
In an attempt to get caught up on my Bible readings
I am listening to the audio of Zechariah
whilst background music is playing
and
writing this Blog post.
One item to concentrate on for each personality of
GGC

Speaking of
The Good Book,
we began another season of Bible study
[ last Wednesday ]
we are studying the book called 
"The Path"
[ "A Journey Through The Bible" ]
By
Melody Wilson Shobe
and
David Creech

Some of the statistics in the Introduction
* I knew
and others
* shocked me:
* "The Bible is the greatest selling book of all time."

* "88% of households in the U.S. own at least one Bible-
and
the average household has not one, not two,
but
four Bibles."

* " Although we have lots of Bibles in our houses,
and we've read and watched and heard a lot of things
about the
Bible,
most people have never read the Bible."

Those stats are interesting and intriguing
[ at least to me personally ]

This household has at least twenty Bibles, perhaps thirty.
That does not include numerous books that are about the Bible
or at least
Biblically based.

This does not make me an Bible expert,
far from it in fact.
It simply means I keep trying to learn more and more
on the subject.
Seems like I can never learn enough,
an unquenchable thirst if you will.

So here's a few questions
for your consideration:




Do you have a Bible in your house?

Can you locate it easily?

Have you ever read the Bible cover-to-cover?

If you've read the Bible
[ even parts thereof ]
does it:
confuse you,
calm you,
excite you,
upset you,
or
?

One of our group questions last week at Bible study
went something like this:

How would YOU describe the Bible
or
What is the Bible to YOU personally?

THOUGHTS?

You certainly do not have to answer any of these questions,
nor am I looking for some great theological debate,
I'm simply
CURIOUS.







*******   *******   *******









No comments:

One week from today WE HAVE A FAMILY WEDDING Jessica Lewis Hand's daughter KATELYN SCOTT will become wedded to AARO...