Friday, October 6, 2017


"I am, among all men, most richly blessed."

A CONFEDERATE SOLDIER’S PRAYER
Author Unknown,
(Attributed to a battle weary C.S.A soldier near the end of the war)
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy;
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men most richly blessed.

   THANK YOU ALL for your kind and caring comments on Facebook.  I read and re-read them all, some made me LOL and some made me truly think.  Each and every one of you are such a blessing to me.

   Now for
as pertains to yesterday.

The advice that many of you offered was to "go outside", "get out", etc.  Well as it happened I had to do exactly that.  MJ and I had planned to go to Olean right after work [he'd gone in early yesterday] to look at and purchase shower doors for TBP.  Although we ended up coming home sans any shower doors [MJ refused to "settle" ,,, long story but correct decision on his part ] we did get the heating elements for underneath the bathroom tiles, got quickie chicken salads [on the fly from "Uncle Mickey D's" as Jaxson used to call it ] ] and hurried to choral rehearsal at St. John's

   Yesterday it certainly did help to get out and about, immensely so in fact.  But you need to know that: [1] That is not always the case and [2] For some deeply depressed people even the mere thought of going outside can be beyond frightening.   I am sharing these thoughts so we can all [hopefully] have a greater comprehension of what [sometimes] goes on in the mind of someone dealing with depression [DoD] .  Thank heavens the topic thereof is no longer something that needs be hidden and/or never discussed.  Perhaps [and I state this with great timidity] if we bring the darkness of depression into the light we can help, not only understand it better, but [even if in a small way] lessen its supposable strength and power over us.  Does that make any sense friends ?

   Although I have no intent to make KASIYH Blog one that constantly discusses depression, at this point in time it is my intention to keep the discussion going as need be. Y'all have taught me many, many things over the past seven years, not the least of which is that we tend to work best  together  as we travel life's pathway.

   So thanks again for all your comments, e-mails and texts.  DoD may win a battle now and then, but he will NOT win the war!!!



TBP Update :  As stated above, we were not able to get the shower doors yesterday.  This was because the ones we want have to be ordered [ but of course they do!] and it takes two weeks.  [This was from the Bargain Outlet or Bargain Barn, whatever it's called, in Olean].  So we checked Home Depot and they had shower doors ready to go BUT they were not what we wanted [ not as classy nor were they soft closing ].  MJ [rightfully] decided, and I quote: "No, damn it, we're putting tons of money into TBP and I refuse to just settle for any ol' shower doors!!!" [ He sounded so manly,,, I started to get ,,, oh, never mind ] .  So we will order the doors we actually want and that'll be that, even if we do have to wait.  
   Aaron and Josh [the contractors] are doing a super-great job.  Every project they tackle turns out perfect. Perfect I tell ya.  Could not be happier with their work.  Will keep you posted.


Let's see how many of you catch this:
It may be a couple of years
but we're thinking about
"making it legal"
Is Allegany County ready for such an extravaganza?


   A "little bird" told me that our sister Kate might come home this weekend.  How lovely would that be?  Last time we saw her we were departing from Cape Cod in the first part of August.  Not only is she our sister but her life is dedicated to one of the occupations that we hold extremely high in every way:  TEACHING !  Plus she's not only fascinating but she makes me LOL ,, a lot.  Come on down sister Kate  ;-)
  
Even if we may have answered them previously, here's a couple o' questions for you.  Not taking into consideration "the butterfly effect" or any of that malarkey, but just for the fun of it, answer the following if you please: {Pick as many that apply to you ...}

1.]  If given the chance to do it all over again I'd:
A)  Work harder and party less
B)   Put more dedication into my education
C)   Learned earlier to enjoy my youth whilst it remained
D)   Skinny dipped more and overall said "To hell with clothes! "
E)   __________________________________ Fill in the blank

2.]  A few of the things I've learned throughout my life are:
A)  "Take care of your body and your body will take care of you."
B]   "A soft answer turneth away wrath"
C]   Common sense isn't common.
D]   Thank God our thought are not audible.
E]   __________________________________ Fill in the blank

3.]  Some of the mistakes I've made could have been prevented by:
A]   Realizing nothing lasts forever, good or bad.
B]   Keeping my mouth shut.
C]   Accepting the fact that some folks are simply ignorant.
D]   A good punch in the face to the above mention ignoramus's.
E]   __________________________________ Fill in the blank.


4]   I am happy with the fact that in my life I've:
A]  Learned to accept life for all its beauty and flaws.
B]   Reached more of my goals than I'd ever thought I would.
C]  Been blessed with far more friends than enemies.
D]  Never been discovered for all the bodies I've buried.
E]  ___________________________________ Fill in the blank.

5]   I still need to work on:
A]  Patience
B]  Saying "No" instead of saying "Yes".
C]  Accepting myself for who / what  I am.
D]  Realizing "s_ _ t happens", sometimes on a daily basis.
E]  __________________________________  Fill in the blank.

Feel free to answer any/all/ none of the above.
Have a Fantastic Friday Friends!

And from sister Kate:





*******   *******   *******


No comments:

One week from today WE HAVE A FAMILY WEDDING Jessica Lewis Hand's daughter KATELYN SCOTT will become wedded to AARO...